Thursday, July 30, 2009

Serpentine Cinema: Henry Flynt and Owen Land Sunday 2 August

American conceptual artist, filmmaker, philosopher and avantgarde musician Henry Flynt shows two short films, Shrine of the Insect, 2008, and My Paisley Eyes, 2008. American artist and film-maker Owen Land screens Dialogues, 2007–09, 30 years since his last completed film. It takes the form of a series of short films, informed by folklore, history and theology.

Serpentine Cinema

‘There’s no film. Cinema is dead. There can’t be film anymore. If you want, let’s have a discussion.’
Guy Debord

Serpentine Cinema is a series of monthly screenings and events at The Gate cinema in Notting Hill which give an opportunity to view rarely seen artists’ films in a cinema context. Presented in association with Sketch.

The Gate
87 Notting Hill Gate
London W11 3JZ
0871 704 2058
gate@picturehouses.co.uk

3 comments:

Elli said...

Cinema isn´t dead...
I love to go there...

CT said...

Hi,
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. Great post, concise and easy to understand. I like this post..

I found out that this blog is very interesting and informative.
Best of luck to you!

Cheers,
Health and Lifestyle
How to Improve Your Golf Swing Fast?
Free Fishing Games One Try & You'll Be Hooked!
Pearl Necklaces

Ben Lazarus said...

I was on the film crew of Owen Land's "Dialogues" and made a short documentary about our insane shoot. My film has never-before-seen footage from "Dialogues".

Here's the link to my video, enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/8053079

Warning: contains nudity, NSFW!